If you have ever wondered how to get to those dreamy places that you once saw in a movie, ixigo’s Thirty Picture Contest was just the contest for you. The Thirty Picture Contest created a huge splash on facebook, as it gave ixigo fans a perfect concoction of travel and Bollywood. Travel enthusiasts surely loved the new filmy twist that was thrown in the contest.
Through this contest, ixigo aimed to gather the attention of its followers towards the brand in a fun, creative way. Increasing brand awareness was also an aim of the contest.
The execution was done in such a manner that it drove traffic to website, especially its product Trip Planner.
There was a flurry of activity, as we posted screenshots of some of the most loved Bollywood numbers on facebook, asking our followers to name the location in the respective numbers and, the link to our travel guidepages.
1. Starting 17th July 2012 to 31st July 2012
everyday, we posted a shot from one Bollywood song accompanied with a question.
2. The Users were supposed to answer the question, give us the location asked and the Trip Planner Link to reach that place (e.g. If the answer is Mumbai, then you will post http://www.ixigo.com/q/mumbai)
3. The first 3 users to give correct answers were declared as the winners of the picture.
4. At the end of each week (Friday), we had a Mega Winner who won a Surprise gift from ixigo!!!
And…don’t forget to read the T & C here - http://goo.gl/wOiSh
The contest ran for almost a fortnight, and drove audience towards the ixigo trip planner pages.
It was nothing less than a race, as the first three correct answers were declared winners. Moreover, the Mega Winners of the contest, declared on consecutive Fridays, were in for surprise gifts. The twitter promotion created quite a ripple, attracting more travellers towards the contest and the travel guide on ixigo website.
- Increase in Number of Fans of the ixigo.com brand opn facebook by 11,000
- Incredible levels of interaction on the ixigo.com’s facebook page – Approximately 100 comments and 400 + likes per post
- Gained meaningful interaction and followers and social media influencers from India
- Visits on ixigo.com during the campaign: 4,12,822
The Thirty Picture Contest, aptly named, successfully ran for a fortnight, attracting impressive traction. A clear winner, the contest created a new milestone for the other contests in the offing. The participant number touched quite a high in the contest, adding a considerable number to the ixigo.com following on facebook.